Redeem US Airways Upgrade Certs by Midnight Tonight!
If you’re a US Airways Chairman’s Preferred who has waited until the last minute (like me) to redeem your two international upgrade certificates, be aware they expire at midnight tonight (March 27, 2015).
Also be aware that they cannot be used on domestic flights only transatlantic flights, or if your travel is within the next 7 days on flights to Hawaii.
I was hoping to use them to upgrade my flight to Alaska this summer, but even though the agents agreed with me that Alaska was as far as Hawaii, it still didn’t help 🙂
How to Redeem:
- Call US Airways (800-428-4322)
- Push 3 to go to reservations
- The automated system can’t help you so say “Agent” or “Chairman Desk”
- If you weren’t automatically transferred to the Chairman’s Preferred Desk tell them you’re calling to redeem your upgrade certs and ask them to transfer you.
- Provide the agent with your confirmation number and they’ll take it from there.
Both of my agents — John and Cathy — were incredibly nice this morning. When they couldn’t upgrade me they went out of their way to look up where my account stood and push through better seat requests even though the system was balking.
But if anyone has had recent success using their Chairman certs on a domestic reservation, I’d love to know so I can try again!
Don’t miss out on any of Jeanne & Keri’s adventures and tips. Follow us:
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!