Expired: SPG AMEX Sign Up Bonus Increased to 35K!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers, including American Express. We receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Two of the three credits cards I use the most are the Starwood Preferred Guest Personal and Business credit cards (the third is my Chase Sapphire), and they’re the ones I usually recommend to friends interested in getting their first miles or points earning credit card.
35,000 Starpoints is the highest sign up bonus I’ve seen for these cards, so if you’ve been considering them,
now is the time to apply offer expired! The offer goes through March 30, 2016 and requires spending $3,000 on the card within the first 3 months.
Why do I love the cards so much?
The primary reason is the great redemption values. You earn one point per dollar on regular spend, and 2+ points for Starwood spend, free nights start at only 2,000 points. I recently cashed in 2,000 points to shave $100 off my stay in Portland. And with the sign up bonus you’re pretty close to the points needed for a discount award night at Al Maha, worth $1500+.
The cards also come with:
- Nights and stay credit toward status. Both the business and the personal card give you 2 stay or 5 night credits towards elite status.
- No foreign transaction fees. A relatively new addition and a needed one!
- Premium internet access at SPG hotels. Now that basic internet is free, getting premium access is a must.
- Boingo hotspots internet access. Great for the few airports that don’t offer free wifi
- Shoprunner Membership (free 2 day shipping at dozens of retailers)
They are offering a refer-a-friend bonus of 5,000 Starpoints, so if you know someone who has the card, let them refer you before you apply. If you don’t know anyone who does and would like to send a free award night my way, let me know in the comments and I’ll send you the referral email. 🙂
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!