Free Admission to National Parks on Tuesday
August 25 is the National Park Service Birthday and they’re celebrating by waiving the admission fees to 127 parks across the country. Most of the national parks that charge admission fees (only about a quarter of all national parks) are well worth it, but if you’re feeling thrifty, this is a good time to go.
Full list of admission fee-waived parks. Here are some of my favorites!
- Denali National Park & Preserve in Alaska
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Assateague Island National Seashore (think wild horses),
- Yellowstone National Park
- Haleakalā National Park (where you can appear to drive off the road into the sky)
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!