When is a Sheraton Not a Sheraton?
If your experience staying at Sheraton Hotels has mostly been in the US, you probably don’t think of them as a luxury hotel. In fact, most people are shocked when I tell them the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in Bangkok is one of my favorites in the world.
That’s because Sheraton quality can vary wildly by property. And having a Luxury Collection designation (like the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit) certainly helps.
Well, Sheraton will be making it easier for guests to distinguish the impressive properties bearing the Sheraton brand. As part of the Sheraton 2020 plan to revitalize the brand, they’ve launched “Sheraton Grand” the new premier tier.
There’s currently 10 properties, with 50 expected to be announced by the end of 2015.
- Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel – Brigade Gatweay, India
- Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, China
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai
- Sheraton Grand Edinburgh Hotel, Scotland
- Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Sheraton Grande Ocean Resort, Miyazaki, Japan
- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand
- Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel, Taiwan
- Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, Japan
- Sheraton Grande Walkerhill, Seoul, South Korea
If the Sheraton in Bangkok is any indication, these are nice properties indeed. And I noticed none of the initial 10 are in the US.
The “Grand” designation will definitely make it easier for guests though it still feels abit like Best Western’s blatant Plus and Premier designations…
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!