Rental Car Reviews
Extra Restrictions for Car Rentals From a Local Airport?
Residents beware! If you’re renting a car from your local airport without flying you may be subject to additional restrictions or requirements.
Apparently Advantage and Payless require additional information, such as proof of liability insurance, if renters live in the area and don’t have a plane ticket. E Z is the worst, defining “local” as anyone who lives in the state they want to rent in — charging higher rates and banning you from the better rental car classes.
Local renters cannot rent specialty vehicles, including luxury, premium, convertible, SUV and other premium car classes.
Read Auto Slash’s full post on this for more details. And if you do have an upcoming car rental be sure to use them!
Also feel free to check out our other rental car tips:
- How to Get the Best Car Rental Deals
- When Should You Spend $25 on a Rental Car Damage Waiver with AmEx?
- How Rental Car Insurance Works with the Chase Ink
- How Does the Chase Sapphire Rental Car Insurance Work for the Uninsured?
- One Thing to Know About Renting Cars Through Hotwire
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!