Hyatt Gets Hacked, USDA Microchips Santa’s Reindeer, SkyMiles Redemption Availability & More
Highlights and headlines from around the web:
- I was a little horrified when I saw the headline “USDA clears Santa and reindeer to legally enter the U.S., but reindeer must have microchips” pop up in my newsfeed. Clearing Santa was kinda funny, but the microchipping reindeer felt a little too real.
- Hyatt announced earlier this week that their payment system had been hacked and they discovered malware in the end of November. No word on how many accounts have been affected, but probably a good idea to check for fraudulant charges on any cards used to pay for Hyatt stays.
- You can redeem your SkyMiles for premium beverages in Delta Clubs at a penny a point, and other takeaways from Delta’s investor presentations. I agree that Stella Artois isn’t what I’d consider a premium beverage…
- Don’t forget to enter Magic of Miles daily December giveaways, especially since all this is required is a comment on each post!
- The TSA has decided that “alarm” is a better word to use than “anomaly” when screening transgendered passengers.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!