What Happens To Food Confiscated in Customs, Free Lounge Access, 60K Sign Up Bonus & More
Headlines, highlights and deals from around the web:
- Great Big Story has a fun video on what happens to illegal food confiscated by US Customs. Apparently at JFK it gets checked for insects and is then shoved into a “big, menacing grinding machine” If you have a few minutes you can watch lots of avacados being disposed of. I found this only slightly less depressing than finding out what happens to money not declared at customs. 🙁
- Turns out if you’re a United or Delta Airline status, you can get free lounge access when flying American Airlines. Use your status to get an Air Berlin status match which qualifies you for lounge access, even when flying domestically. View From the Wing explains how.
- Mashable has a hilarious “manifesto for proper plane behavior” based on passenger problems from 2015. Loved the tweet context.
- Starbucks has just launched a coffee flavored macchiato that is apparently “as pretty as it is delicious”
- Will Run for Miles posts about a targeted offer for the Chase Ink Plus card — get 60,000 Ultimate Reward Points after you spend $5,000 in 3 months + no annual fee. The same offer, but with the $95 annual fee is open to everyone. I actually have both Chase Ink cards (I should probably ditch one) and find the annual fee worth the 5x points I earn on my phone/cable bill alone.
- And this seems to happen far more often than I thought — O’Hare had two truck/plane collisions this weekend.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!