Crazy Things Left In Hotel Rooms, 500 SPG Points, Stowaway Pet & More
Headlines & highlights from around the web:
- The Daily Mail has a piece on “the most embarrassing and shocking items” left by hotel guests. I rather like the live pony called Pudding. While I wouldn’t have wanted to find some of the items, none of them were that shocking.
- Today is the last day for Sierra Trading Post’s 25% off most items with code ES010716A! Decent prices on my favorite hiking sandals and hiking wedges. And a nice selection of touch screen compatible gloves, both sporty and professional. I’m picking up a few to try out, so stay tuned for a review.
- I have a new Bed & Breakfast to add to my wishlist! A former Coast Guard Light Station 34 miles off the coast of North Carolina is in the process of being restored and is already taking guests. $495 for 2 nights/3 days at the Frying Pan Tower isn’t bad, it’s the $1300 each way helicopter ride that’s holding me back…
- See if you were targeted for an extra 500 Starwood points
- I was horrified when I first saw a headline about a dog who flown from Hong Kong to Japan in his owner’s suitcase. Usually it’s not a happy ending for people or animals who ride in a plane’s unheated cargo hold. Fortunately this turned out ok, though the dog was not allowed to continue after the first flight.
- United has discounted award tickets to Australia for 60,000 miles round trip. A decent redemption, especially if you’re going when tickets are $1,000+, but still a rough flight. Back in the day I flew to Sydney for a day twice in order to hit 1K status one year, and even in an exit row, that 15+ hour flight was tough. Course the new Karate Kid on an unending loop and a passenger throwing up on my traveling companion didn’t help. Beware those who knock back 3 cocktails and a mini bottle of wine before the first meal service.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!