Bryan Adams Guitar Defaced by Customs, $20 Flights, 1000 Free United Miles & More
Highlights and headlines of interest this morning:
- Egyptian customs officials scribbled on Bryan Adams’ vintage guitar with green markers when he came into the country earlier this week. Fortunately the damage can be fixed and they haven’t adopted United Airline’s treatment of guitars.
- Via Mommy Points, new members can get 1,000 free United miles just for signing up for MileagePlus Dining. Spend $25 or more at a participating restaurant in the first 30 days and get an additional 500 miles each time for up to 5 dines!
- JetBlue had crazy $20 one way fares yesterday in their flash sale, and unlike Frontier, you’d actually want to fly them. I missed out, but I’m now following @JetBlueCheeps so I’ll know next they have a flash sale.
- View from the Wing has a piece about Award Wallet with 60 codes for a free upgraded membership. I love Award Wallet as an easy way to keep track of my numbers and point balances in all the various award programs.
- Rapid Travel Chai has a brief, entertaining trip report on his experience flying low cost carrier Norwegian Air.
I’m still working on my trip report from the Iditarod, but boy did those dogs look like they were having fun. So because its the weekend and I always love an excuse to have pictures of animals, I leave you with this recent instagram video. That one fellow was so eager he was having a little furry meltdown waiting his turn!
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!