Woman Hides Child In Carry On, Free Starbucks, Money Back for Avis Renters & More
Highlights and headlines from around the web:
- Earlier this week a woman hid a 4 year old she was adopting in her carry on a flight from Istanbul to Paris. Based on the news reports it’s unclear if she was trying to avoid buying a ticket for the girl or was having issues getting home. Interesting to note that kids don’t fly free internationally, even if the girl had under 2 years old she would needed a paid ticket.
- Lyft has a new sign up offer of $10 off your first ride and 24 free Starbucks Stars — worth two free drinks and 80% of the way to Gold status. Or you can sign up via referral links (like mine) and get up to $50 in free rides.
- If you rented from Avis or Budget rental car between 2005 and 2013 and were charged a fee for earning airline miles with your rental, you could qualify (h/t Slickdeals). There’s currently a class action settlement for the surcharges and you can submit your claim by July 5 for cashback or a discount of 10% per rental. Since you can typically find bigger discounts online, go for the cashback if you make a claim.
- The New York Times covers the Good, the Bad, and the Weird at Paris Fashion Week.
They hated Lanvin. They were giddy over Saint Laurent. And they had some jokes to make about Comme des Garçons. https://t.co/BjNDuU5KeC
— NYT Fashion (@NYTFashion) March 13, 2016
- Via Design Hamptons, Neiman Marcus Last Call is having a Friends & Family Sale with an extra 30-35% off through tomorrow. Stacks with cashback through TopCashBack (and extra $10 bonus for new sign ups)!
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!