Get Starbucks Gold Status With One Purchase
Today Starbucks’ loyalty program went revenue based and it seems like they’re trying to ease the transition by offering everyone a year of Gold Status for making one purchase.
Make any star-eligible purchase by May 2 and new/current green members will get Starbucks Gold Status for a year, existing Gold Members who qualify will have their status extended a year from the expiration date. Note: “Entering a Star Code from a grocery purchase is also considered an eligible transaction.”
And if you’re new to the program you can get a free drink for signing up via this link and opting in to emails.
The new My Starbucks Rewards program earns 2 stars for every $1 spent. Green (general) level benefits (0-299 stars) include:
- Free Birthday food or drink
- Free same-day in-store refills on brewed coffee & tea
- Jump the line: Order and pay ahead from the Starbucks® app
- Pay with your phone at the register
- Member-only events and exclusives
- Special offers over email and in the app
Gold Members get those benefits and the following:
- Star Rewards – Free food or drink every time you collect 125 Stars
- Monthly Double-Star Days
- A personalized Gold Card
Even if you only purchase Starbucks a few times a year (like me), it’s worth taking a few minutes to register for the free Birthday treat and in-store refills.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!