An Airline That Pet Sits, Deal on Travel Adapters & More
Headlines & highlights from around the web:
- I love stories like this! Canadian North is going above and beyond to help evacuees from the Northern Alberta wildfires, many of whom are traveling with pets. In one case, a passenger went into labor and the flight operations team offered to look after “Meow Meow” in their office, even getting her an official badge and putting her in a supervisory role.
— Canadian North ✈ (@CanadianNorth) May 6, 2016
- TopCashback is offering a crazy 21% cashback at REISS today only, stackable with their 15% site-wide discount (which you’ll definitely need on non-sale items).
- Amazon has a daily deal on Europe/Asia plug adapters ending at 3PM. Get a pack of 6 for only $4.29 (43% off). I personally prefer to carry one universal adapter, but if you want a bunch of smaller profile plugs for your next Europe or Asia trip, this is a good deal.
- Jeffsetter visited the home of all those little US Airways Club cheeses! (Sorry, I liked Tillamook)
- Wondering what why some people got upgraded to the next level of status with United, including those without any status? According to reader AH, a United rep told him it was basically a “lottery” pick to celebrate United’s anniversary and apparently people were calling in to complain that they weren’t chosen. What do you think–do people have a right to complain or should United just have done a better job of explaining their selection process up front?
- Travel Skills shares his experience visiting Cuba via the first Fathom Cruise.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!