Uber Launching Self Driving Cars, Cheap Flights to Hawaii & More
This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Thank you for your support!
Headlines & highlights from around the web:
- Looks like I need to go back to Pittsburgh! Uber will soon be using self-driving cars in Pittsburgh to transport passengers. Would be fun to try it out. Especially since the cars will be Volvo XC90s supervised by humans in the driver’s seat, just in case. (h/t: Chris)
- Via the Flight Deal, there are some <$600 fares to Maui from Washington, DC. I’ve not been to all the Hawaiian islands but Maui is one of my favorites. It’s a little less humid, it has the amazing Hakeakala Crater, not to mention a not terrible winery and an amazing goat cheese place.
- Not sure what you can take through security? Apparently you can tweet the extremely cheery @AskTSA in advance for help. You can also search via the TSA’s web app. An often little realized fact: you can take empty water bottles through security and then fill them up gate side.
- Not sure when it makes sense to use hotel points or pay cash for your stay? The Deal Mommy has a great post about 5 times it doesn’t make sense to do an award redemption.
- I know what my next credit card is going to be! News came out a few days ago about about the Chase Sapphire Reserve which will have a 100,000 point sign up bonus, $300 travel credit (anything coded as travel), and a host of other features that make the $450 annual fee worthwhile.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!