Mileage/Points Offer

27 Ways to Use Worthless Verizon Smart Rewards Points

This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Thank you for your support!

Earlier this year I finally found something that I could redeem my Verizon Smart Rewards points for that didn’t also require a cash component: magazine subscriptions. At the time there was only a handful of magazines you could redeem for, including the Wall Street Journal.

The list of points-only redemptions has expanded to 27 publications now (h/t: ultra63 on Slickdeals), so if you’re sitting on a bunch of Verizon reward points you have no use for, this might be useful.

Afar Magazine
Vanity Fair Magazine
Vogue Magazine
W Magazine
Wall Street Journal
Wired Magazine
Woman’s Day Magazine

To pull up the list of options, login to your rewards account, select merchandise >> magazines >> points only.

verizon-rewards-redemptions-free-magazines

1. nr

October 9, 2016 at 6:37 pm

I just redeemed them for an Amazon gift card. no cash involved.

October 10, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Was that under Smart Rewards or My Rewards+?

2. Frank Doyle

October 10, 2016 at 3:43 am

Where do you get to the magazines? I can find no such option. I only see “Browse movies”, “Enter sweeps”, “Shop gift cards”, and “Get wireless data”.

October 10, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Sounds like you’re logged into My Rewards+ (Fios). You want to log in to the Smart Rewards portal under your wireless account. Once there, go to Merchandise on the top navigation, under the drop down choose Magazines.

• Frank Doyle

October 10, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Stupid verizon…apparently these are two separate programs.

3. Pingback: Fully Flat Seats Spreading to More Domestic Routes and Plane Catches Fire in Orlando as Passengers Get Off - View from the Wing

4. GlobeTrotScott

October 11, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Anything else that is of any value with the rewards program? I have like 200k points? Thanks for the magazine tip!! Are the gift card discounts worth it?

5. Pingback: Morning Chai: True Blue M&M, Talkative American Tube Rider, Ruination of Boston's Park Plaza and More - Rapid Travel Chai

6. Dustin

October 29, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Looks like they caught on. Only one points only Glamour is available with points now.