Free Airport Lounge Access Through National, Earn Miles for Airbnb Stays & More
This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Thank you for your support!
Highlights and headlines from around the web:
- National Car Rental is once again hosting pop-up Emerald Club Lounges in select US airports. This time the free, post-security lounges are located in Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Sacramento (SMF), St. Louis (STL) and Washington Dulles (IAD) through April 2017. Any one can access the lounge — no membership or fee required — and they’ll be open 7AM-7PM.The amenities are similar to those you find in updated airport gate areas — TVs, free wifi, and charging stations — but if you’re flying out of a place like Dulles, it’s definitely an improvement! So keep an eye out during your holiday travels.
- More news about flight MH370: the latest report indicates the plane was spiraling towards the ocean with no one in control during it’s last satellite communication.
- Via View from the Wing, Delta has now partnered with Airbnb to offer one Skymile per dollar spent on Airbnb stays. It doesn’t look like this can apply to existing reservations though since you have to book through DeltaAirbnb.com in order to earn miles.
- Emirates is “flying the world’s largest plane on the shortest route ever.” The A380 will be flying Doha to Dubai (235 miles) starting December 1. With the flight lasting less than an hour, probably not enough time to grab an onboard shower.
- FYI for Birchbox Aces who filter out promotional emails — they’ve just added 50 extra points to our account for the next two days. Must be redeemed by noon, November 4.
- A headline for an underwater “jacuzzi of death” just popped up in my news feed, so I have to share.
- And in case anyone was wondering, I went as a bottle of Dom Perignon for Halloween. 😀
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!