Free Park Admission, Non-Trump Hotels Impacted by Election & More
This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Thank you for your support!
Highlights and headlines from around the web:
- Today is one of the entrance fee-free days in the US National Parks! No admission charge at over 120 parks.
- Amazon has 20% off luggage, clothing, shoes, accessories and more today.
- Washington, DC hotels are feeling the impact of the recent election. There are still plenty of hotel vacancies for the presidential inauguration — in fact, the St. Regis apparently had no new reservations for the inaugural weekend in the 36 hours after the election.
- Travel + Leisure has a list of the best countries for solo travel. New Zealand, Norway, and Switzerland topped the list. I was glad to see some of my favorite destinations (solo) in southeast Asia also made the cut.
- Add this to the list of things you can’t take through airport security. A Mad Max-esque gas mask with fake bullet details was recently confiscated by TSA.
- Wow. Planet Earth II. While in the airport this week I saw a crazy clip of a baby iguana escaping dozens of snakes. Not to self, rethink getting out of the boat if I ever visit Fernandina Island in the Galapagos.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!