Blood Facials, Snapchat Spectacles, How to Fly With a Pie & More
Highlights & headlines from around the web:
- Applying your own blood to your face is a hot new beauty trend. If spreading a layer of your own plasma on your face and having it injected deeper via needles isn’t your thing, doctor Barbara Strum has now created a $950 face cream, MC1, that is infused with proteins from your blood.
- Move over GoPro? Snapchat sunglasses are here. If taking circular photos and videos are your thing, keep an eye out for the pop-up vending machines (currently only in California locations) and snag a pair for $130.
- The sun rose in Barrow, Alaska for the last time. Residents of the town won’t see the sun again til late January and by then the town will have been renamed to Utqiagvik. Visiting Barrow a few years ago was fantastic, though a little more exciting than I anticipated when the hotel I was supposed to stay at closed from a fire.
- Flying over Thanksgiving holidays? Conde Nast Traveler has tips on how to fly with a pie. Also remember you can take (empty) waterbottles through airport security. And if you’re unsure about other items, you can also check on the TSA mobile site.
- Claridge’s Hotel unveiled their 2016 designer Christmas tree and instead of one tree, Jony Ive and Marc Newson have created a whole winter wonderland room. It’s free to view, so check it out if you’ll be in London next month.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!