Bad Behavior Inflight is Increasing, Free Elite Status & More
This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Thank you for your support!
Highlights & headlines from around the web:
- Do we need more passenger shaming? According to a recent IATA study there’s been a 14% increase in reported “unruly passenger incidents” in 2015 as more and more people are misbehaving on planes.
The majority of incidents noted by the IATA involved verbal abuse and failure to follow lawful crew instructions. (Exhibit A: The United flight that turned around after a passenger refused to follow crew instructions and had a “yoga breakdown.”)
The article hints the problems might be cramped quarters and/or alcohol consumption. I wonder if it’s just more people are flying than ever before, thus increasing the odds of someone acting up.
- Via View from the Wing, you can get a free checked bags and priority boarding on American Airlines for the next 4 months by signing up for free Air Berlin silver status.
- I just saw one of my American Airlines flight attendant’s beautiful red bag. Not surprised I fell in love, I’d forgotten they partnered up with Cole Haan for accessories. Mmmmm.
- Speaking of handbags, Amazon has some lovely ones at up to 65% off today!
- My Facebook feed is full of reports of fake news and how to flag or block those articles. Which reminded me of one of my favorite fake news reports that almost had fooled, and ready to book a flight to St. Louis.
- 7 Crazy Facts About Airplanes How many did you already know?
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!