In the Dog House: a Hotel Shaped Like a Beagle & More
Highlights and headlines from around the web:
- I’ve been blessed (or cursed depending on how you look at it) with a fascination for quirky attractions. Sites like the smallest park in the world which is located in a Portland intersection and the giant #2 pencil located in downtown Denver. So I’m not going to lie, the Dog Bark Park Inn has made my list of places I’d like to stay.
Located in Cottonwood, Idaho guests can literally stay in the belly of the beast — a giant one-bedroom beagle shaped structure. I hear the views from the beagle are just as good as the views of it.
- Target has a limited time offer: get a free box of samples with a $30 beauty purchase. Unlike the monthly beauty boxes, this offer appears to be trial size (1-2 uses) vs travel size, but still a good offer if you’re already shopping for stuff. Selection of samples will vary.
Looks like this can also be stacked with the $5 gift card offer for purchasing 3 or more beauty items.
- More random facts: The highest-ever wave recorded by a buoy (62.3ft) was detected in the Atlantic Ocean between Iceland and the UK in 2013. But apparently the record for “biggest-ever recorded wave” was a 95ft wave seen by a ship in 2002.
- Sad 🙁 Though if I was the TSA, I would have put all the blame on the airline…
Why does this gigantic teddy bear look so sad? He was abandoned by his owners at LAX after the airline and TSA determined that he was just too big to be screened as a carry-on and taken on the plane. It’s a good idea to check with your airline prior to traveling with overly large items as cary-ons. If you see this wayward bear strolling the streets of LA, please feel free to feed him. #TSATravelTips
- “Alexa, turn the A/C colder” The Wynn Las Vegas is installing an Amazon Echo in every hotel room, letting guests control the TV, the temperature, and even the drapes verbally. An upgrade on bedside touchscreens I guess.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!