Flight Attendants Train to Spot Human Trafficking Ahead of Super Bowl & More
Highlights and headlines of interest:
- Wow. Another inspiring example of the many roles flight attendants play and the people they encounter. Flight attendants from around the country are training how to identify human trafficking in advance of the Super Bowl. Note: it’s not that the Super Bowl itself is a magnet for sex work, rather “sex work does spike when travel increases for a big event, experts say.”
- There have been a lot of incredible deals for summer travel to Europe recently. If you’re tuned into the deals sites, start!
- Uber is once again offering flat rate ride packages in select markets. If you’re a frequent user of Uber, this can be a great way to save money. Once you sign up and pay an activation fee, UberX rides up to $25-$30 within a select area are a flat rate, $3.99-$5.99 depending on the city. Uber Pool is less. Doctor Credit of credit has all the details.
- There’s a good reason why you’re more likely to cry on planes…and pass a lot more gas.
- Nasa has compiled a list of the best air cleaning plants for your home. Tip: The Peace Lily and Florist’s Chrysanthemum are some of the most effective and easiest to get.
- Rapid Travel Chai offers his impression on arriving back in the US after Trump’s immigration ban has gone into effect.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!