Harrison Ford Has a Close Shave With American Plane & More
Highlights and headlines from around the web:
- Earlier this week actor Harrison Ford narrowly missed hitting an American Airlines passenger plane while attempting to land his single-engine Aviat Husky at John Wayne Airport in Orange County. No one was injured and the American flight was able to take off a few minutes later. Incidentally I learned the difference between a runway and taxiway. It’s intuitive, but not something I had thought about.
- Are tasting recitals the next big thing? Perhaps wine can be made better with the perfect music pairing.
- How many planes are there in the world? Depends on what types you’re counting, but with almost 4 billion passengers this year, apparently there is still not enough.
- Apparently it’s not limited to cars on wooded roads at night…an American Airlines plane hit a deer on the runway when taking off from Charlotte airport and had to return immediately when it started leaking fuel.
- And since I’m focusing on American Airlines news today, if you want to try out their A321T lie-flat business class or first class seats, you can do so for as little as $55.
- Move over wine bra, this new wine purse is breaking the internet. Bella Vita Bags can hold up to 2 bottles of wine!
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!