Hilton

Big Savings Through Hilton MVP Discount

Several years ago Hilton came out with an MVP rate, that I think was originally targeted at athletes, but could always be used by the general public. Now it appears (to me at least) that they’ve abandoned any special targeting and it can be used as a 20% off code at participating properties.

And a status challenge. If you’re not interested in getting the Citi Reserve Hilton card, you can do 4 stays or 9 nights in 90 days and secure Gold status for the next year.

mvp status challenge hilton

And 20% off isn’t always the best deal, but for some of my upcoming stays the Hilton MVP rate is consistently coming up cheaper than both the AAA and Advance Purchase rates, and unlike Advance Purchase, can be cancelled the day of without penalty.

hilton hhonors rate comparions mvp aa advance purchase

So it’s definitely worth adding it to your list of rates to check. Just plug in the relevant corporate codes to a normal search like the one I did above for the Doubletree in White Plains.

For Hampton®, Doubletree® and Embassy Suites® hotels use code: 0560041604

For Hilton®, Hilton Garden Inn® hotels and at select U.S. Hilton Grand Vacations Club® locations: N0041604

If you don’t know which property you want to say at, use the Hilton MVP website, which helps identify which properties are participating in your search radius, but returns slightly clunky results that are harder to compare.

mvp search page hilton hhonors

——-

Never miss another post! Sign up to receive new content via e-mail or RSS Feed.

Get real-time updates on our travel adventures via Twitter feed (and say hi!) and like us on Facebook.

Heels First is the travels and tribulations of two twenty-something frequent fliers jumping into the world of travel. Join Keri and Jeanne as they tackle mileage runs, elite status, and of course–the perfect travel accessories.

1. Alex (@NoviceFlyer)

March 16, 2013 at 7:34 am

Alot of places still use it. I still use it to this day! :) Too bad you cannot do that challenge over again.. :(

2. Jen

March 16, 2013 at 10:33 am

Thanks! I had just booked the Doubletree in Charleston, SC for vacation next weekend. I just rebooked with this code and saved $50. w00t!

• Keri

March 17, 2013 at 10:56 am

Oh that’s awesome! So glad it worked out

3. Pingback: I Liked the Colorado Springs Doubletree in Spite of Myself

4. Daniel

April 21, 2014 at 3:31 am

Hi, does this do anything to your points earning or status goals? I’m guessing not…but just checking. Thanks so much for the post!

April 21, 2014 at 8:46 am

Not a thing! I’m going for Hyatt Diamond and Starwood Platinum through stays this year. But I try to help my dad get better deals/stays whenever I can :)

5. David Chen

June 16, 2014 at 6:50 am

Hi,

Just made a reservation with the MVP code and got a great deal, but do they as for anything at check-in?

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful code!

6. Rosie

August 3, 2014 at 12:57 am

I used the rate @ 2 hilton brands and saved 50 bucks a nite @ both locations. I’m a vip (atheletic rate) for Marriott so I guess I can flash that ID if needed or NASO card. But I have never been asked by any hotel for any ID no matter the rate.