Fun & Weird
11 Quirky & Fun Sights Around Key West
I didn’t have enough time to fully appreciate Key West, but here are some of the sights that caught my fancy during a a quick stroll around town.
1. No pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but apparently unlimited opportunities.
2. Lots of poultry running around, literally running. This rooster joined the runner for about half a block.
3. Mallory Square, the best place to view the sunset, has no sunset when the cruise ship is in town.
4. You can visit the southernmost point in the continental US. And the Southernmost House, the Southernmost Beach Resort, Southernmost Beach Cafe, the actual southermost house, pretty much southernmost anything.
5. Witnessing crime can be quite lucrative. Not just a cash reward, but BIG MONEY.
6. The Green Parrot’s outdoor free library is quite unique!
7. At the Ernest Hemingway house, no credit cards, and no picking up the cats.
8. Fancy convenience stores.
9. The Key West Post Office is where all the cool birds hang.
10. Sidewalk poetry. “Oh noetry”
11. The Key West Airport has an outdoor beach bar gate-side, with real sand.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!