Walmart’s $5 Winter Beauty Box: Foils & Full Size
Walmart’s $5 quarterly beauty box has been a fairly recent edition to my beauty box addiction. I had held off for awhile after reading some unenthusiastic reviews about the bunch of foil pack samples, but finally decided to take a chance. It worked out well and I’ve been pleased with all my subsequent boxes.
Nothing particularly high end, but good solid options to throw in my travel bag and definitely worth $20 a year. Their Winter 2017 trendsetter beauty box is still worth a lot more than $5, but has me a little less excited than before.
But maybe it’s just the multiple foil packs which I don’t find convenient for travel.
- L’Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Shampoo & Conditioner foil pack
- Garnier Whole Blends Green Apple & Green Tea Shampoo & Conditioner foil pack
- Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash travel size
- Curel Hydratherapy Wet Skin Moisturizer travel size
- Pond’s Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream travel size
- Cover Girl Lashblast Volume Mascara full size
While all the products are interesting, only 3-4 items ideal for travel. Taking a look at the range that came in the Winter Classic box, I think I would have been happier with that — Ken Paves hair products, Dove Intense Restoration Mask, Aveeno night cream, etc. Unfortunately I can’t find a way to switch my selection.
If you’re interested, it’s $5 a quarter, automatically renewed. You can’t really customize your profile but you may or may not be given the option to choose classic or trendsetter. Interesting note: according to their website the boxes are actually free and the $5 is to cover shipping.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!