Baggage Handlers Caused Plane Corrosion…By Urinating? & Other News
Highlights and headlines from around the web:
- This popped up in my news feed: supposedly British Airways had to warn baggage handlers to stop peeing in the cargo hold after damage to the aluminum metalwork was discovered. Hmmm…I’m hoping this is a case of alternative facts.
- When does traveling to every country in the world become less impressive? When you falsely claim to be the first woman in the world to do so. Rapid Travel Chai offers a thoughtful rebuttal that recognizes the (at least) 10 other women who previously accomplished the same feat. As someone in marketing, I get creative exaggeration, but Cassandra De Pecol’s continued claims are insulting to the female pioneers who came before her.
- United has started selling Basic Economy fares today, a transformative move that allows customers to get less for more. Be aware of what unrealized costs the new fares potentially come with, particularly if you’re booking through third party sites like Orbitz or Expedia.
- And I thought my travel delays were frustrating! Last week a fellow travel blogger had her New Zealand dream trip cut short when the cruise ship stalled 20 hours into the trip from Australia.
- Great tips for what to do if you’re pick pocketed in Athens, Greece. And how to avoid them if you’re traveling in Paris.
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!