Drop is a new free app that allows users to earn rewards for spend at their favorite merchants such as Amazon, Walmart, Uber, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and more. No shopping portal, special credit cards, or claiming offers required.
Just sign up, choose your 5 favorite stores, link all your credit cards, and start racking up the points. Once you hit 5,000 points you can start redeeming for gift cards at even more stores, not just the ones you originally selected.
The best part? (Other than the joy of not having to pay attention unless you want to)
These rewards are on top of any credit card points or bonuses you might be earning.
Drop also lets you earn points points for in-store purchases that can’t be made online.
This app has been available by invite for a few months, but today is the first day it’s available to everyone.
The offer to get 1,000 bonus points from an invitation code still stands. My code is wkh97. This is a cool opportunity anytime, but particularly timely with the holidays coming up.
More Details on How Drop Works
- Download the app.
- Sign up using the invitation code. When prompted, enter code wkh97 which will give you 1,000 bonus points once you link a credit card. If not prompted, you can go under your profile and enter the code there.
- Link one or all of your credit cards.
- Choose 5 of your favorite stores to earn points — Amazon, Trader Joe’s, Macys, Uber, Whole Foods, and more. Pick carefully since you can’t change once you’ve made your initial selection. So far Amazon has been an option for everyone I’ve talked to, but other merchants, such as grocery stores and fast food restaurants have varied based on location.
- Shop as usual with your linked credit cards. This is the best part! You don’t have to pay attention to which card you’re using, nor go through a particular portal or even pull up the app. Just shop like normal and the points automatically credit.
- Activate Offers. You don’t have to open your app but they will send you notifications when you’ve received short term offers. In addition to the 5 merchants you choose, you’ll also receive targeted opportunities to earn more points.
- Redeem points for gift cards — the app automatically notifies you when you’ve earned points. Redemptions start at 5,000 points for a $5 gift card at various merchants up to 100,000 points for a $100 American Airlines gift card. Within 2 days of signing up my friend already had enough for $5 at Starbucks.