If you’re shopping Amazon Prime Day and paying with a credit or debit card, this app is for you! Drop is a new free app that offers 20 points per dollar spent on Amazon, those points can then be redeemed for gift cards at a variety of merchants, including Amazon. Once you’ve signed up and linked your cards, you don’t have to think about it again until you’re ready to redeem points. Big win!
How Does Drop Work
- Download the app. Right now Drop is invitation only, but anyone can sign up with a code. Mine is wkh97.
- Sign up using the invitation code. If prompted, enter code wkh97 to get access and 1,000 bonus points.
- Link one or all of your credit cards.
- Choose 5 of your favorite stores to earn points — Amazon, Trader Joe’s, Macys, Uber, Whole Foods, and more. Pick carefully since you can’t change once you’ve made your initial selection. So far Amazon has been an option for everyone I’ve talked to, but other merchants, such as grocery stores and fast food restaurants have varied based on location.
- Shop as usual with your linked credit cards. This is the best part! You don’t have to pay attention to which card you’re using, going through a particular portal or pull up the app. Just shop like normal and the points automatically credit.
- Redeem points for gift cards — the app automatically notifies you when you’ve earned points. Redemptions start at 5,000 points for a $5 gift card at various merchants. Within 2 days of signing up my friend already had enough for $5 at Starbucks.
Even if you’re not into the whole miles and points scene, as many of my friends are not, this is a great option for earning rewards on purchases you already planned to make.