Miles & Points
Is Verizon Rewards+ Another Worthless Verizon Rewards Program?
When I got an email about Verizon My Rewards+ program, I was confused. I was already signed up for their Verizon Smart Rewards program, which in my opinion is pretty worthless. Then I realized it’s a NEW rewards program, specifically for High Speed Internet (HSI) and FiOS Internet/TV customers and started exploring it.
At first glance, Verizon My Rewards+ actually might be worthwhile. Points are earned by making use of a variety of Verizon home services and it doesn’t appear that you’re having to share any additional personal information unlike Verizon Smart Rewards.
Points can be redeemed for various gift cards or sweepstakes entries. And they’re within reach, redemptions start at a reasonable 1,000 points for a $10 gift card. Merchants include Starbucks, Amazon, Target, and even a prepaid Visa card.
Even better, by spending a half hour (granted probably not the most lucrative use of my time) over the weekend I was able to hit the 1,000 point mark.
- 100 points for enrolling in the My Rewards+
- 50 points for Online Bill Pay
- 100 points for paper-free billing (I was already signed up so I had to switch to paper billing, then 15 minutes later switched back to paper-free)
- 100 points for accessing My Rewards+ through the My FiOS mobile app
- 250 points for Auto Pay (was already signed up and got credit when my next payment processed)
- 100 points for adding them to my Google+ circles
- 100 points for following Verizon on Instagram
- 100 points for liking Verizon on Facebook
- 100 points for following @VerizonFios
After that I think it will be slightly slower going earning points since I’m not planning on adding any premium channels and rarely pay for shows on demand but next time I order a UFC I will be getting essentially a $2 rebate (200 points).
Full Disclosure: I may receive affiliate credit from links in this post or on this site which will help fund my travels. Thank you for your support!